We are hiring
If you have any questions pleasee fill out the form below and one of our representavies will contact your shortly. Thank you for your interest in Fonthill Lumber!
Saw Operator / Grader
- Focuses on the quality, productivity, and safety and takes direction from Foreman, completes orders and ensures PO is complete to company standards.
- Assists forklift operates in handling and sorting material and may also cut and handle material to fill production or customer requirements.
- Maintains work area tidy and orderly, for ease of locating product and filling orders.
- General duties include walking, bending, lifting, standing, body twisting, reaching, lowering, pulling and pushing material during the duration of the shift.
- Efficiently and effectively maximise the quality and quantity, and minimize waste.
- Able to multi-task, learn and apply new information quickly
- Comfortable with variable workloads
- Individual who can adhere to aggressive timelines
- Adept to work in an environment which is subject to constant review and requires efficient use of time to maintain production schedules.
- Capable to take direction or work independently, and exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal
- Some high school or vocational school or apprenticeship courses
- Intermediate English – Reading and Writing
- 1 – 2 years’ experience working as a Saw Operator / Grader or Labourer, industry experience is an asset.