We are hiring
If you have any questions pleasee fill out the form below and one of our representavies will contact your shortly. Thank you for your interest in Fonthill Lumber!
- Prioritise with Order Maker or SF Driver constantly, to get orders completed on time, to optimise production
- Regularly review lumber inventory levels, and report to Yard Foreman of any shortages and overages
- Ensure all material is stacked and secure, crossers are properly aligned, and load weight is uniformly distributed to ensure a stable and safe stack
- Work with Small Forklift Driver or Order Maker to direct placement of incoming and outgoing material
- Ensure grade of material is attained when order making, while meeting Fonthill, Industry, Customer, and Grading standards
The following are the principal qualifications for this position:
- Able to multi-task, learn and apply new information quickly
- Comfortable with variable workloads
- Individual who can adhere to aggressive timelines
- Basic English and communications skills
- Able to work in an environment which is subject to constant review and requires efficient use of time to maintain production schedules.
- Able to take direction or work independently, and exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal
- 1 – 2 year’s experience working as a Labourer, industry experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of lumber and building products
- Able to perform manual tasks