We are hiring
If you have any questions pleasee fill out the form below and one of our representavies will contact your shortly. Thank you for your interest in Fonthill Lumber!
- Focuses on the quality, productivity, and safety and works in conjunction with a Grader, Order Maker or Labourer on handling and sorting material.
- Handle and cut material to fill production or customer requirements.
- Keep the work area tidy and orderly, for ease of locating product and filling orders.
- Majority of work entails sorting and stacking material for order preparation.
- Working outdoors and at times may include bending, lifting, body twisting, reaching, lowering, pulling and pushing material.
- Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribe work methods and work in compliance with all OHSA standards.
- Competently move product from trailers to staging and/or storage area.
- Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to designated storage locations
- Efficiently stack and store lumber in the appropriate areas.
- Keep alleyways and roadways free from obstruction, including wood crossers that may cause pedestrian and machinery hazards, and ensure general traffic ease
Ensure all material is stacked and secure, crossers are properly aligned, and load weight is uniformly distributed to ensure a stable and safe stack
The following are the principal qualifications for this position:
- Able to multi-task, learn and apply new information quickly
- Comfortable with variable workloads
- Individual who can adhere to aggressive timelines
- Able to work in an environment which is subject to constant review and requires efficient use of time to maintain production schedules.
- Able to take direction or work independently, and exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal
- 1 – 2 years’ experience driving a forklift, industry experience is an asset.
- General knowledge of lumber and building products