We are hiring
If you have any questions pleasee fill out the form below and one of our representavies will contact your shortly. Thank you for your interest in Fonthill Lumber!
AZ / DZ Driver
- Operate a single, tandem axle/flatbed truck in a safe and effective
- Driver is responsible to ensure safe and prompt delivery of materials to scheduled locations/sites.
- Maintain daily logs/tablets, inspection logs/tablets and perform pre-trip vehicle inspections.
- Ensure truck and or equipment is safely and securely stored and advises shipping supervisor of any requirements for maintenance or repairs.
- Must be able to deal with customers and the general public in a courteous and respectful manner, this includes but not limited to, complaints about schedule times, level of quality of service and accuracy of material.
- Collect or receive payment of accounts, ensuring accuracy of payment including but not limited to return of material as per schedule.
The following are the principal qualifications for this position:
- Excellent time management
- Able to multi-task, learn and apply new information quickly
- Comfortable with various workloads
- Positive, friendly demeanor
- Detail oriented individual who adheres to aggressive timelines
- Intermediate English and communications skills
- Strong mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity
- Able to manage external contacts (supervisors, contractors or general public) who may require dealing with serious complaints and making adjustments where considerable judgement and resourcefulness are required.
- Adept to work independently, take direction and exercise judgement where supervision may be minimal.
- Manage errors resulting in significant identifiable losses to Fonthill
- Class AZ or DZ driver’s license.
- Completion of Grade 12 with 2 years driving experience on air brake equipment trucks
- Operate a tandem axle flatbed truck including trailer with air brakes and 2 years verifiable experience.
- Throwing straps and tightening
- Driving truck with trailer from 15 minutes to 4 hours and from 100 to 300 kilometers daily in all weather conditions
- Transporting materials over urban and city routes to and from customers
- Communicate effectively with the customers, public and co-workers both verbally and in written form